Law Firms Scottsdale
- 35 years of practice
- Law clerk to Judge Jack L. Ogg, Arizona Court of Appeals
- Former Trial Attorney for United States Government
- Served as a Judge Pro Tem for more than 15 years for Maricopa County Superior Court
- Member of Arizona and Illinois state Bars, as well as Federal District Courts in Arizona, Tennessee and Wisconsin
- Honors graduate of DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Editor of the Law Review and the National Moot Court Team
- Received undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, from UCLA where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa
- Legal services are provided in the following areas:
WILLS & TRUSTS
- Mr. Smith provides a full range of estate planning services, including wills, revocable living trusts, irrevocable trusts, living wills, general durable powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney, and mental and healthcare powers of attorney. Not every estate planning tool is right for everyone. We will take the time to determine what estate plan is right for your needs and circumstances.
- Mr. Smith also represents clients in will contests and probate matters. We will work with you to determine the litigation strategy that is right for you. We will not push you to turn simple matters into major fights. At the same time, if your opponent will not be reasonable, we will litigate aggressively to protect our clients’ rights. We are prepared to fight cases all the way through the appellate courts, if necessary.
- We have regular hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, we can set appointments at other times upon request. Additionally, we are available for house calls.
When families break up, there is a tremendous amount of stress on the parties, as well as their children. This is not the time to stumble around with an un-experienced attorney. Mr. Smith has 35+ years of experience - handling all types of family law issues.
- Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce) and related areas, i.e., division of property,
- Separation and Property Settlement Agreement
- Child Custody and child support, including modification and enforcement of child support orders;
- Paternity. Establishment of parental rights/ establishing support and visitation.
- Child Support
- Child Support Modifications
- Orders of Protection
- Domestic Violence
- Division of Assets
- Retirement Accounts (QDRO)
- Sole and Separate Property
- Division of Community Assets
- Collaborative Divorce
- Attorney’s fees
- Spousal maintenance (alimony)
- Legal Separation
- Pre and Post nuptial Agreements
- Child Relocation
- CIVIL LITIGATION AND MALPRACTICE:
Mr. Smith represents clients in a variety of litigation matters including business, commercial and contract litigation, contested probate matters and legal malpractice.
Mr. Smith’s 30+ years of appellate experience leaves him with an in-depth understanding of all Arizona divorce/ family law and civil appellate matters, including the ability to offer comprehensive briefs, special actions, post-judgment motions and appeals.
If you are looking for law firms in Scottsdale, RD Smith Law is here to help. Please visit us again at RDSmithLaw.com or LawFirmsScottsdale.com to find out how we can help in your search for professional law firms in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.